At Western Reserve Hospital, we understand the need to support, mold, and teach the healthcare leaders of tomorrow. That’s why we offer a strong Graduate Medical Education program. Our training is all-inclusive, enabling physicians to grow in one of seven chosen areas of medicine, including family medicine, general surgery, internal medicine, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngology and facial plastic surgery, podiatry, and pharmacy. We are affiliated with Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM).
Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, Western Reserve Hospital offers residency programs in family medicine, general surgery, internal medicine, orthopedic surgery and otolaryngology/facial plastic surgery. Western Reserve Hospital also has a Podiatric Medicine and Surgery residency accredited by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education. Our residents rotate among several regional teaching institutions, including Cleveland Clinic, Akron Children's Hospital, and MetroHealth Medical Center.
Browse our website to learn more about the programs. Please contact us with any questions.
5/24/22 We are seeking a Family Medicine Program Director. View our full position description here.
- Outpatient-focused program accepting two residents per year.
- Three ½ day sessions per week supervising residents and medical students in the Primary Care Center.
- One ½ day session per week overseeing residency didactic session.
- One ½ day per week protected administrative office time
- Candidate must maintain an active clinical practice, as required by ACGME program Requirements – time variable
- Administrative duties include ensuring the program remains compliant with ACGME and WRH Family Medicine Program requirements
- M.D. or D.O. degree Board Certified in Family Medicine
- 3-5 years of residency faculty or residency program administrative experience required
To apply, submit to email@example.com : - Curriculum Vitae - Letter of interest describing what attributes make you a candidate for this position and your vision for the future direction of family medicine residency education For questions or further information please contact