Location & Hours
Western Reserve Hospital Urgent Care, Occupational Medicine and Primary Care Clinic
3913 Darrow Road Suite 100, Stow, Ohio 44224
Phone: (330) 928-9675 or (330) 688-7900
M-F: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sat-Sun: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Occupational & Employee Health Center
At Western Reserve Hospital's Occupational and Employee Health Center, our health providers are specially trained to provide the highest-quality occupational and employee healthcare services. Our health providers work closely with local primary care physicians/health providers to help your organization promote the health and safety of employees while providing prompt and excellent services. Our facility is open to appointments and walk-ins Monday through Friday, and takes walk-ins on Saturday and Sunday, allowing you to take advantage of the medical help you need when you need it most.
- Rash, poison ivy, other skin irritations incurred while at work
- Minor trauma
- Drug and alcohol testing (including DOT services)
- Hair drug screening
- Minor lacerations
- Sprains and strains
- Instant urine drug screening
- Send-out UDS
- Pre-employment physicals
- Annual physicals
- BWC injuries or occurrences
- eScreen testing
- Flu vaccinations
- Consortium services
- Laboratory services (including rapid testing for flu, strep and mono)
- On-site services (including flu vaccinations and urine drug screens)
- TB screening
- IV hydration
- Fit testing
- CPR certification classes
Diagnostic & Screening Services
- Back strength exam
- Cardiac stress test - performed at WRH
- Vision exams
Western Reserve Hospital's Occupational and Employee Health Center can administer your random drug screen program. We will ensure that the required percentage of employees is tested annually and that the employees are selected at random by our software.
Negative results are typically returned within 48 hours, and can be reported via confidential fax, email or our secure web-portal. Results that need to be reviewed by our Medical Review Officer are generally reported within 5-7 business days.
DOT PRE-EMPLOYMENT AND RE-CERTIFICATION EXAMS
- Health Provider Exam according to DOT guidelines
- Includes review of medical history, vitals, whisper hearing and spirometry if patient is over 35 years of age and a smoker.
NON-DOT PRE-EMPLOYMENT AND ANNUAL EXAMS
- Provider exam, includes review of medical history, vitals
COMPREHENSIVE MEDICAL EXAM
- Extended physical exam, includes detailed review of systems and medical history
FITNESS FOR DUTY EXAMS
- Provider review of candidate's physical condition and ability to perform job duties
RETURN TO WORK EVALUATIONS
- Performed after a separation from employment due to injury. Comprehensive review of the individual's physical condition, specifically noting limitations on physical activity and the ability to lift and carry as required by the position.
Drug & Alcohol Screening
Our drug- and alcohol-testing services include:
URINE DRUG SCREENS
ESCREEN PREFERRED SIGHT
- DOT or NON DOT
- 5 to 12 panels
- Instant/rapid testing
- In-house laboratory services or collection only (for outside lab processing)
HAIR DRUG SCREENS
Collection only (for outside lab processing)
BREATH ALCOHOL TESTING
Breathalyzer testing performed by certified technicians
Medical review provided by AAMRO-certified physician
BLOOD DRUG SCREENS
- Alcohol or nicotine screening available
- Diagnostic and screening services
Measures and diagnoses abnormal rhythms of the heart - available with or without interpretation
SPIROMETRY – PULMONARY FUNCTION TESTING
Measures lung function, specifically the volume and flow of air
Physician assessment of back strength and flexibility - exercises and weight requirements can be modified to suit the needs of your organization
CARDIAC STRESS TESTING
Measures the heart's ability to respond to external stress - performed at Western Reserve Hospital, with results interpreted by cardiologist
Tests hearing ability - audiometer meets American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standards
Snellen (eye chart) or Titmus (color and depth)
- Complete blood count, lipid and chemistry profiles
- Quantiferon testing
- Mantoux (TB) testing
- Heavy metal screening
- Hepatitis A, B and C screening
- Mononucleosis screen
- Rapid influenza screen
- Strep screening
- Hepatitis A and B
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
SAFETY AND HEALTH SUPPORT SERVICES
- OSHA Respiratory Questionnaire Review and Clearance Exams
- First aid and CPR training
- Smoking cessation
As a Bureau of Workers Compensation certified provider, Western Reserve Hospital's Occupational and Employee Health Center specializes in providing care for work-related injuries.
In the event that an employee reports to a Western Reserve Hospital Occupational and Employee Health Center with an injury that will prevent them from returning to work, our staff will contact the employer prior to releasing the employee to provide details of the injury and our recommended care plan. Our BWC Coordinator will then complete all forms and documentation required by the Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation, and will maintain a comprehensive record of the incident.
Western Reserve Hospital's Occupational and Employee Health Center has access to a large multi-specialty network of physicians, and can also coordinate follow-up care with a specialist within our network as needed.
Our health providers understand the importance of keeping your employees healthy in order to promote a high level of productivity within your organization, and we make every effort to ensure employees are able to return to work as quickly as possible after an injury.
Our certified technicians can provide immunizations and drug and alcohol screenings at your place of business if your facility meets the necessary safety and regulatory requirements. Having these services provided on site is convenient for employees and offers cost savings to employers by eliminating travel time.